- WOHAA certificate for those teams/individuals that complete the award scheme which will add a prestigious element to CVs and UCAS forms. For IB schools, WOHAA fits in perfectly with the CAS programme.
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award – WOHAA fulfils the service/volunteering part of this.
- Industry skills workshops – FREE Skills Workshops are a good way for participants (not only winners of WOHAA) to find out about careers and industries that interest them. WOHAA participants are lucky enough to gain first-hand experience of our corporate sponsors, finding out about the company, what they are looking for and how to apply for graduate schemes. Our sponsors also help students with their CVs and interview techniques, making it an invaluable experience for all WOHAA participants. Find out more…
- The House of Lords –The top 35 teams/individuals have the opportunity to present their projects at the House of Lords to our distinguished judging panel
- Award Ceremony – The award winners are announced at the Annual Awards Ceremony – a fun filled, glitzy evening in celebration of all the hard work and efforts of everyone that has taken part in WOHAA. This will all take place at a top London venue with all the Wings of Hope volunteers, patrons, and associates attending, as well as hundreds of WOHAA participants, teachers and parents from across the country!
The main categories you will work towards are:
- Most Entrepreneurial Team/ Individual
- Most Awareness Raised & Best Presentation
- Community Action Award
- Most Funds Raised
- Excellence in Sport/The Arts/ Culinary/ Technology
(as part of the fundraising project)
- Overall winners
- Work Experience – The winning teams/individuals of WOHAA will get the amazing opportunity of work experience at world renowned companies such as Saatchi & Saatchi, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Edelman, Tata Consultancy Services, ARUP and Boots. The work experience will take place at their UK offices during school summer holidays.“My Saatch & Saatchi placement was an unforgettable experience. Saatchi is world renowned for its famous advertisements and successful campaigns and I felt privileged to have had the opportunity to visit the company.” Andreas Chitty, winner in 2009.
- Trip to India – The overall winners announced at the Annual Award Ceremony will actually go out to one of the educational projects in India on an expenses paid trip. The students will get a chance to see the delights of unique cultures and experience first hand the life changing work Wings of Hope achieves through their fundraising efforts.“This trip has made a great impact on me. If I have to be honest the reason I initially took part in WOHAA was to give a good impression on my personal statement, DofE etc. So it was not because I wanted to make an impact on someone else’s life but it was mainly about what I can gain. Now I know I can make an impact after the two years working with the Wings of Hope and seeing the effect it has on these children.The satisfaction I received when seeing these children run up to us and taking our autographs outweighs everything. Everything we take for granted here they value. It’s such a special feeling that I will not forget.”
Vithu SatkunarasanRead about the winners’ trip